Position: Part Time Pride Center LGBTQA Family Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time consultant
Probation: 30 days
Application deadline: August 8, 2014
Pride Center of Vermont seeks part time consultant to bring our family program to the next level. We have laid the base through surveys, focus groups, and events. We now hope to bring more families to the program and increase volunteer involvement so that the Pride Center LGBTQA Family Program becomes highly active and strongly networked, making it increasingly relevant and supportive for families as well as more financially sustainable.
While the coordinator will bring a host a ideas, the following duties are expected:
· Family focused event planning across definitions of family
· Expansion into areas of the state outside of Burlington
· Education focused workshop production
· Integration of the Family Program into existing Pride Center work
· Creation and coordination of an LGBTQA Family Committee
· Maintenance of Family Program distribution list
· Development and distribution of monthly newsletter
· Fostering of collaborations with other family-oriented systems in Vermont
· Data collection and presentation
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of issues related to LGBTQA families
· Knowledge of family-focused social activities and venues
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Basic understanding of data collection and presentation
· Ability to search for and help provide information to sustain the program a plus
· Available to work during days and times necessary to host family events
This is a temporary, part time consultant position. The weekly hours are flexible but the total funds available are capped.
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Kim Fountain, email@example.com. Or mail to Pride Center of Vermont, Attn: Kim Fountain, 255 South Champlain Street, Suite 12, Burlington, VT 05401.